Thursday, September 08, 2005

Cruising Club DVD

Looking through the Stockton Island pictures, you'll notice a very large boat ahead of mine on the pier. I got to talking to the owner of this boat; he introduced me to a Cruising Club's DVD. I think this DVD may substantially change my cruising future. I watched in amazement as he navigated through this DVD on his laptop. With an actual arial view, he was able to zoom into hundreds of bays on the Great Lakes. He showed me a spot were he had been. Not only did it show the shoals, routes and anchorages, it had detailed narratives of each spot. In parts of Canada, the island belong to the public. Any improvements one makes on these islands have to be accessable to the public so there are piers and things anybody can use. One spot described how to get to an inland lake and borrow some canoes for fishing. It seemed to good to be true but it was there in front of my eyes. Just knowing about this DVD is worth the price of the trip.

One of the objectives of the club is to foster fellowship among Corinthian yachtsmen.

Corinthian:
A wealthy amateur sportsman, especially an amateur yachtsman.


I'm more bohemian.